2021 Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Report
The Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Report (GSB) provides salary, benefits, and diversity data for full-time staff at U.S. foundations to aid in budget planning and personnel practice benchmarking. Information is presented by grantmaker type, foundation type, asset size, and geographic location.
- Salary data on 9,787 full-time staff from 919 organizations
- Increase, bonus, and severance eligibility and activity data
- Staff counts for full and part-time staff by grantmaker type and asset size
- Gender, race/ethnicity, age, and disability counts
- Staff tenure, departure, and turnover rates
- CEO-specific compensation, benefits, and discretionary grantmaking practices
- Benefits practices and employer costs
If you participated in the 2021 Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Survey, you can access our benchmarking tool on Benchmark Central to run salary, benefits, and demographics comparisons by asset size, grants, geographic location, and grantmaker type.
Council members who did not participate in the 2021 Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Survey but would like access to the online benchmarking tool can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
Nonmembers will receive access to the online benchmarking tool with their purchase of the full report.
There is an updated Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Report now available. If you would like a copy of this year's report, please reach out to us at email@example.com.