2022 Public Policy Summit Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Council on Foundations (Council) is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all event participants and Council staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, session organizers, sponsors, vendors, philanthropy-serving organizations (PSOs), Council staff members, partner organization representatives, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct applies to this event and all virtual and in-person Council meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than the Council but held in conjunction with Council events, on public or private platforms.
- Engage and interact with attendees, speakers, session organizers, sponsors, vendors, PSOs, Council staff, partner organization representatives, and service providers throughout the virtual event
- Participate during sessions with comments and questions and engage in respectful and civil communications
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees
- Share your virtual platform login with other individuals unless asked to do so by Council staff
- Record, post or transmit content from any plenary session, concurrent session, guest speaker, break, video, or other event activity
- Post your own services, products, or causes unless requested by Council staff
- Use profanity, through the chat or Q&A functionality, or in a live chat room
- Disrupt sessions or other activities, attendees must comply with the instructions of the session moderator, speaker and Council staff
- Harass, intimidate, stalk, or threaten anyone participating in the event
- Make abusive verbal comments that include, but are not limited to, comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations
Reporting Code of Conduct Violations
If, while participating in the 2022 Public Policy Summit, you have been involved in or have witnessed an incident that violates the Council’s Code of Conduct, inform Melanie Freeman, Director, Conferences & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-991-5861 so that we can take the appropriate action.
The Council reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the 2022 Public Policy Summit without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and the Council reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future Council meeting, event, or program, presented virtually or in person.