Webinar Recording: Post-Graduation Scholarships: What Are They and How Can You Use Them?
Interested in alleviating the student loan debt crisis and attracting needed talent to your community? This webinar is for you! Last year, the Workforce Development Through Post-Graduation Scholarships Act was introduced in Congress. This bill would allow charitable foundations to administer post-graduation scholarship programs to combat “brain drain,” stimulate regional economic growth, and help address the growing student debt crisis. Join the Council for a discussion about this evolving topic as part of our March scholarship series, with a second webinar taking place on Community Foundation Scholarship Programs.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- What the legislation entails for foundations
- How communities can benefit from it
- The difference between regular scholarships and post-graduation scholarships
- Suzanne Friday, Managing Director, National Standards, and Vice President of Legal Affairs, Council on Foundations
- Joshua Gibb, Executive Director, Galesburg Community Foundation
- Randy Maiers, President and CEO, Community Foundation of St. Clair County