Networking & Connecting
- Utilize our online member directory to connect with industry peers.
- Interact with industry peers online through our Philanthropy Exchange.
- Engage with fellow philanthropic peers during in-person events, including our HR Retreat, Public Policy Summit and Leading Together conference.
Professional Development & Peer Learning
- Receive member-exclusive discounts to trainings including Community Foundation Excellence courses.
- Participate in professional development trainings such as Career Pathways and Legal Matters
- Gain free access to all live and recorded webinars.
- Engage with our legal team and receive on-demand support for issues related to governance, fund management, scholarships, lobbying and political activity, self-dealing and more.
- Gain free access to our regularly updated Legal Compendium.
- Submit ideas for sessions, present at conferences and volunteer on advisory groups.
- Nominate winners for annual Awards, including The Distinguished Service Award.
- Vote and serve on the Council’s Board of Directors.
- Participate in Member Advisory Groups, Committees, and Working Groups to shape Council positions, priorities, and events.
- Inform how we represent philanthropy in Washington through advocacy and regular interactions with legislators.
- Learn about public policy that could impact your foundation, such as the expanding the charitable deduction, DAF regulations, and changes to the tax code.
- Work with Council staff to strengthen your ability to work with government officials and advocate to policymakers on the issues that matter most to you.
Sector Issues & Updates
- Stay in-the-know on the opportunities and challenges shaping philanthropy via our website, social media, blogs and member-only e-newsletters.
- Highlight the important work of your organization by sharing content with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access more than 300 member-only resources – including recently updated sample documents, tips to start grantmaking in specific countries, communications toolkits and more.
- Connect with Council staff for personalized support on issues impacting your organization – from the fundamentals of operating a foundation to global grantmaking. Send your questions to email@example.com.
- Access research and reports like our annual Grantmaker Salary & Benefits Report, The State of Global Giving Report and our Study of Investment of Endowments for Private and Community Foundations.
Savings & Discounts
Enjoy cost savings on professional development opportunities and resources, including:
- FREE access to the Legal Compendium
- FREE access to the annual Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Survey Report
- FREE access to all webinars + webinar archives
- $220 savings per Council Career Center job post
- 20% discount on print and/or digital subscription to The Foundation Review
- 20% discount on print and/or digital subscription to Alliance Magazine
- 10% discount on Council-endorsed Directors and Officers Insurance