Grantmaking into Latin America: Regulatory Challenges, Strategic Partnerships, and Emerging Opportunities
This event is a preconference session at the 2017 Annual Conference.
Join the Council on Foundations and our partners to spend an interactive day discussing grantmaking into Latin America, focused on the power and potential of collaborations in order to Lead Together and bringing together a network of active grantmakers in the region. Speakers will discuss a range of opportunities and challenges for grantmaking into the region, including exploring evolving regulation and policy around cross-border philanthropy, examples of effective cross-sector and cross-border partnerships, and hearing from foundations working on key issues impacting the region. Speakers from the US and Latin America will also highlight recent resources, research, and data on philanthropy's impact and potential.
The Council is grateful to the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation for its generous support of this preconference program.
Welcome and Networking Ice-Breaker
Current Trends in Grantmaking into Latin America
Learn about current grantmaking into the region by US foundations, as well as the state of domestic philanthropy in Mexico, Colombia and Brazil.
11:45 a.m.- 12:45 p.m.
Panel — Landscape for Philanthropy and Civil Society in Latin America
Speakers will discuss a variety of opportunities and challenges for grantmaking into the region, including evolving regulatory and policy issues in cross-border philanthropy.
Ignite Talks on Effective, Sustainable Partnerships
- 100,000 Strong in the Americas — Regional Public Private Partnerships
- International Community Foundation — Zika Prevention with the Mexican Government
- AFE Colombia — Partnering for Peace and the SDGs
- Inter-American Foundation — Building Community Foundations in Latin America and Transnational Partnerships with US Community Foundations
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation — Project Finance for Permanence to Protect the Amazon
- Multilateral Investment Fund at IDB — Impact Investing and Innovative Grantmaking
Panel — Leaving No One Behind: Funding Excluded Groups
Hear from funders working with excluded groups in the region to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and 'leave no one behind' by 2030.