Philanthropy for Ukraine
Resources to Guide Philanthropic Response
Since Russia invaded Ukraine in February of 2022, a humanitarian and economic disaster has rippled across the world. We will continue to update this page as the crisis unfolds and more information becomes available.
As of November 3, 2023 Candid has tracked:
- 3,116 grants worth $1,724,611,355
- 195 pledges worth $1,209,789,480
To ensure that this tracking effort is as complete and accurate as possible, we encourage funders to share their grants data with Candid. Funders can use Candid’s Excel-based format and email that data to email@example.com.
Events | Digests | Resources | Response Funds | Partners
There are currently no scheduled upcoming events.
Every past event includes a recording and summary of the discussion.
The Council regularly shares updates about resources, events, and news impacting funders working in Ukraine. Sign up to receive future Ukraine Digests.
As various local, state and regional and philanthropic institutions establish response funds, we will keep this information up to date. *Denotes funds hosted by members of the Council on Foundations.
- Berk's County Community Foundation- The Fund for Ednannia*
- CAF America
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy
- Social Impact Alliance for Central & Eastern Europe (CEE)
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston
- Direct Relief
- ERGO Network
- Friends of Fondation de France - Solidarity with the Ukrainian People
- German Marshall Fund of the United States- HOPE Fund for Ukraine
- Global Fund for Children*
- Global Impact
- Help Ukraine Center
- International Charitable Foundation
- King Baudouin Foundation US*
- Outright Action International
- Razom Emergency Response
- TrustBridge Global*
- UN Foundation
- Ukraine Democracy Fund*
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund (GoFundMe, State Department, GlobalGiving and others)
- Ukrainian National Women's League of America
- Ukrainian Women's Fund
- United Way Worldwide
- Urgent Action Fund for Women's Human Rights
Organizations Responding Directly
Statements by Council Members and Partners
- Philea (Philanthropy Europe Association)
- Alex Toma, Peace and Security Funders: "The War in Ukraine Requires a Major Philanthropic Response and Overall Increase in Peace and Security Funding"