International Terrorist Acts
Many Council members are working with non-profit partners on the ground in countries and communities directly impacted by terrorist violence, all over the world. Alongside partners like the Center for Disaster Philanthropy, the Council is tracking how and where philanthropy is responding to these attacks, and we will share what we find with our members.
Crises where our international partners have established funds:
- Give for France - Fondation de France
- The Istanbul Fund - Turkish Philanthropy Funds
- Fund for CriticaLink Bangladesh - GlobalGiving
- Funds for Asian disasters - Give2Asia
- Syrian refugee crisis funds - GlobalGiving
- Iraq refugee crisis funds - GlobalGiving
If members want to support victims of recent attacks directly, several global organizations are supporting victims and survivors:
- International Rescue Committee
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Save The Children
- Relief International
- United Nations High Commission on Refugees (UNHCR)
Violence in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan have contributed to a growing refugee crisis in Europe. In late 2015, the Council partnered with the Center for Disaster Philanthropy to help funders understand this crisis and determine how they can best respond.