Philanthropy Exchange Basics
Getting Started on the Exchange
- Visit the Exchange - Visit https://exchange.cof.org and log in with your e-mail and password for the Council’s website. If you don’t know it, e-mail email@example.com
- Create a profile - Click on “My Profile” and start adding information about yourself. Discussion partisans on the Philanthropy Exchange are 25% more likely to receive a peer response if they have a profile picture.
- Join a Community - Select “All Communities" in the tool bar, click “Join” to the right of communities you would like to join, and select your notification preference.
- Visit the Directory to Meet Other Members – Click on "Directory" in the tools bar. The Directory lets you search for other members based on:
- First and/or last name
- Company/Institution name
- Email address
How to post through your email
You can post or reply by logging into the Philanthropy Exchange or directly from your e-mail. You can even attach a document to your e-mail reply, and it will be added to the Exchange library!
Use the public reply for information that everyone can benefit from
- On the Exchange website, do this by clicking Reply to Discussion
- On e-mail, do this by clicking Reply to Group via E-mail or Reply to Group Online
Use the private reply for confidential information or replies that only the sender needs to see
- On the Exchange website, do this by clicking Reply Privately
- On e-mail, do this by clicking Reply to Sender