Developed out of a trending conversation on the Philanthropy Exchange (PhilEx), the Council invites you to join a member-only peer-led discussion of how foundations are supporting internet access for students and families as schools, businesses, and communities struggle with the impacts of COVID-19.
Join peers from across the country in a discussion focused on:
- How are foundations investing in internet access, in order to support students through virtual learning & school shutdowns?
- How have foundations been increasing internet access for isolated and BIPOC communities?
- How are foundations setting up funds to support broadband voucher programs and other digital access intiiatives? (CARES Act and FDIC funding dedicated to expanding internet access may also be discussed)
- How do foundations apply a DEI lens to their digital access funding/programming?
Peer Discussion Leads
Burton Crenshaw, President, Central Alabama Community Foundation
Stephanie Marcus, Development Associate, The Miami Foundation
Philanthropy Exchange is a peer-to-peer platform that connects Council members through shared interests, topics or resources. On the Exchange members can:
- Connect with their peers around the globe to discuss topics of shared interest
- Search an online library of best practices and template documents
- Seek and give candid advice in a private community of their peers
- Find members funding similar issues or performing similar roles in their foundation
- Share resources to develop stronger relationships that advance their work
Learn more about the Exchange by contacting, Tucker Rush.