Philanthropy Week in Washington Resources
- About Philanthropy Week in Washington (includes space to insert information about your organization)
- Philanthropy in Communities (includes space to insert information about your organization)
- Tax Policy Matters
- Thune/Wyden Letter Supporting the Charitable Deduction
- Senate Philanthropy Caucus Dear Colleague Letter
- Independent Sector State Profiles
- Charitable Giving Coalition Local News Coverage
Please take a look at these helpful resources on advocacy and lobbying rules from our colleagues at the Alliance for Justice:
- Public Foundations Can Lobby
- Community Foundations and Advocacy
- Advocacy and Public Foundations
- Family Foundations and Advocacy
- Private Foundations May Advocate
- What is Lobbying under the 501(h) Election?
- Lobbying Defined for Private Foundations
You may also want to review the Council's resources on advocacy and lobbying.
Visiting Washington, DC
Creating Effective Stories that Lawmakers Will Remember
Watch an abbreviated version of the January 28 webinar that offered tips and tools for crafting an effective message to deliver to policymakers.
Watch this recording of our February 19 webinar that will get you up to speed on what to expect when you arrive in Washington. We talked about the kinds of messages that are resonating with policymakers as well as our strategy for having the most impact.