Philanthropy's Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine
Resources to Guide Philanthropic Response
Russia has invaded Ukraine on multiple fronts, spurring a humanitarian and economic disaster that is rippling across the world. This page will continue to be updated as the crisis unfolds and more information becomes available.
As of October 20, 2022, Candid has tracked:
- 1,536 grants valued at $1,461,213,051
- An additional $771, 069,480 in pledges
To ensure that this tracking effort is as complete and accurate as possible, we encourage funders to share their grants data with Candid. Funders can use Candid’s Excel-based format and email that data to email@example.com.
- Guidance for Making Grants to Support Ukraine
- Foundations can access Disaster Grantmaking Resources to understand how to effectively respond to a disaster.
Philanthropy's Response to the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis
This urgent discussion was co-hosted by the Council and the U.S. State Department Office of Global Partnerships and covered the latest on the humanitarian crisis and how funders can support relief efforts.
- Association of Corporate Citizenship Professionals
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy: Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis
- E4E Relief
- How companies are responding to the war in Ukraine
- The Conference Board: Insights & Guidance for You and Your Company
- TPI's Guidance for Funders*
- USAID Ukraine Disaster Response
As various local, state and regional and philanthropic institutions establish response funds, we will keep this information up to date. *Denotes funds hosted by members of the Council on Foundations.
- Berk's County Community Foundation- The Fund for Ednannia*
- CAF America
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy
- Social Impact Alliance for Central & Eastern Europe (CEE)
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston
- Direct Relief
- ERGO Network
- Friends of Fondation de France - Solidarity with the Ukrainian People
- German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Global Fund for Children*
- Global Impact
- Help Ukraine Center
- International Charitable Foundation
- King Baudouin Foundation US*
- Outright Action International
- Razom Emergency Response
- TrustBridge Global*
- UN Foundation
- Ukraine Democracy Fund*
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund (GoFundMe, State Department, GlobalGiving and others)
- Ukrainian National Women's League of America
- Ukrainian Women's Fund
- United Way Worldwide
- Urgent Action Fund for Women's Human Rights
Compiled Lists of Organizations Responding Directly
- Center for Leadership in Poland
- Crowdsourced Resources from EDGE Funders, Ariadne, and Gender Funders Co-Lab
- TPI's Resource Hub*
- List of Ukrainian-based feminist, queer, youth, disability, and Roma organizations you can donate to directly
- Statements by Council Members and Partners: Charles Stewart Mott Foundation; Open Society Foundations; Charity & Security Network; MacArthur Foundation; Ford Foundation; Blackbaud
- Philea (Philanthropy Europe Association)
- Alex Toma, Peace and Security Funders: "The War in Ukraine Requires a Major Philanthropic Response and Overall Increase in Peace and Security Funding"
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy is the Council's recommended partner for those needing support in mobilizing a philanthropic response to disasters.
*Indicates Council on Foundations member organization